Thursday, January 6, 2011

Review: Human Blend by Lori Pescatore

Human Blend
Human Blend by Lori Pescatore


Marion, Virginia seemed like a nice place to live a normal life, but she is not a normal girl. Laney has special abilities that keep her looking over her shoulder as she makes her escape from the men who had kidnapped her. A young doctor's interest is piqued when he witnesses her mysteriously curing a young child's illness. He befriends her due to his growing fascination with uncovering the true nature of her abilities, but not without harboring secrets of his own. Laney's budding relationship with a local boy puts both of them in danger when the men she was hiding from find her. All of their lives will change forever as ancient secrets become unearthed
Published in US: June 2010
1st in trilogy
Source: from author for honest review


*My Review*


     I am drawn into Human Blend right away with the mystery of why Lanie (going by Julie) had to create a new identity and hide. We quickly find out her abilities- with numbers and to heal, and I am even more entranced.
    The romantic interest, Austin, is introduced early, and it is really fun to watch them dating and falling for each other. He does sweet romantic gestures and I can tell Julie cares about him because she worries about his safety. I really like Doctor Elsworth- he reminds me of Carlisle. He is very protective, introspective and wants to take care of and heal  people. But the semi-love-triangle seemed excessive to me. I really like Austin and wish that Eli would have just been protector and not another love interest.
    This should be for mature teens and those who can handle some dark themes.
    I was in suspense with every person she came in contact with, being suspicious of them right along with her. Pescatore has a winner with Human Blend, and she has a unique twist to the paranormal genre.

10 comments:

  1. This one sounds fascinating...I definitely need to read it. Great review, Brandi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting book! I've read a few reviews that had the same thoughts that the love triangle felt a little unnecessary, but for the most part Human Blend is a good read. Love hearing your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome review! This one seems like an intriguing story =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this one in my review pile, and every review I've seen has been great. I really can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really was a unique take. i can't wait for the sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review. I actually really enjoyed the love triangle here - Dr. Elsworth was yummy! The book had so much more in it than I expected, so I'm looking forward to the next one :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sound of this - and the fact that she had to create a new identity definitely has me intrigued! Definitely sounds like a fresh and unique concept - great review Brandi :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am waiting for my own copy. Cant hardly wait till it's arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a book that has real potential to freak me out while reading. Adding it to my ever growing TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Nikki- The Dr. just felt too old for her... Could just be me though

    @Tammy- You should read, it is unique. It will be available for giveaway for Loving the Reviews Challenge

    @Aleetha- Enjoy!

    Eli- it has freak out potential

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)