Sunday, January 30, 2011

Review: Red Moon Rising by Peter Moore

Red Moon Rising (Hardcover) by Peter Moore
Red Moon Rising by Peter Moore


Being only half-vamp in a high school like Carpathia Night makes you awhole loser. But Danny Gray manages to escape the worst of the specists at his school. Thanks to genetic treatments he had as an infant, most people assume Danny's other half is human. Which is a good thing.    

Ever since the development of synthetic blood – SynHeme – vamps have become society’s elite, while wulves like his father work menial jobs and live in bad neighborhoods.  Wulves are less than second class citizens; once a month they become inmates, forced to undergo their Change in dangerous government compounds.

For Danny, living with his vamp mother and going to a school with a nearly all-vamp student body, it’s best to pretend his wulf half doesn’t even exist.  But lately Danny's been having some weird symptoms -- fantastic night vision; a keener-than-usual sense of smell; and headaches, right around the full moon. 
 
Even though it's easy to be in denial, it's hard to ignore evidence.  There's only a month until the next few moon, and Danny's time is running out.
 
Peter Moore speaks to adolescents in a voice that will have them laughing, set in a world that will get them thinking
Releases in US: Feb 8th 2011
1st in series
Received from publisher in exchange for honest review


*My Review*


        I enjoyed Red Moon Rising. It was refreshing to read a book from male POV, as this doesn't happen a lot in YA.
       I liked Danny and his friendship with Claire. It was nice to see a LGBT who was comfortable with herself and prominent in the book. I also liked that there were people fighting and unhappy with the species divide, and there were "halfings" and interspecies relationships.
    
       I liked how the relationship was sweet and not "instant love." It took backseat to the paranormal which was also refreshing. The involvement of the parents was also a positive in this book.



9 comments:

  1. hi Brandi! this sounds like an interesting read. i love the title as well. thanks for the review. c",)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been seeing this book on many blogs! It does sound intriguing, especially since it's a male POV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this around a bit recently, and it seems a little more interesting with every review I read. Definitely have to add it to my wish list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The male POV really does make it refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked this book too, but the ending didn't really wrap things up for me. Great review!
    -Danna

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the first time visiting your blog, and I love the design! This one sounds like a great YA novel. I will have to add it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a very interesting book/start to a series :) *notes down to remember for later*
    ~iben
    http://boroughofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah- I am def eager for the next one to find out more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. l love books which are written from a males point of view!
    So want to read this

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)