Thursday, January 27, 2011

Review: Return the Heart by T.K. Richardson

Return the Heart (Paperback) by T.K. Richardson
Return the Heart by T.K. Richardson


What if your gift was a curse?
To a casual passerby, Lilly Paige is anything but special. As a seventeen year old, she is faced with all the complications of a teenager, but deep down there is much more.
Lilly has a gift, though sometimes it seems to be a curse.
Lilly can peer into the hearts of others - their deepest, darkest secrets are there for Lilly to see - but to what end? Raised by aloof parents, Lilly has been independent her whole life, but soon she will need to rely on her friends to evade an evil that has sold her gift to the highest bidder on the black market.
Lilly and her four closest friends are immersed in a dangerous game of cat and mouse, that will not only reveal more about Lilly's gift, but also her link to an old Russian prophecy.
Can Lilly and her friends escape the danger that is so close they can practically feel it?
Where will their perilous journey lead them - to darkness or light?
Return the Heart, by T. K. Richardson, will take readers on a wonderful adventure filled with excitement, twists, turns, and revelations that will keep you reading from start to finish. Join Lilly on her quest to learn more about this dangerous gift.
Published in US: July 2010
1st in series: Shield the Heart (in revision)
Received from publisher for honest review


Photobucket


*My Review*




     Return the Heart is a wonderfully written first book, leaving me wanting so much more. 


     The character development made me keep turning the pages, Lilly was an awesome character, strong and brave, loyal, and just she had a vulnerability to her. I loved Claire-- her best friend, I would love it if she were mine. Seth is such a leader and soo desirable, I have yet another book boy that I would love to have a piece of. 


     The premise and the way that their gifts worked together was awesome, and unique. I don't know much about Russian mythology, but it is a really neat premise. The story weaved together beautifully, there were subplots that all worked together to make a rich and compelling story. 


     Return the Heart had action, romance, suspense, mystery, and spectacular characters. I wanted more, and didn't want for it to end.





9 comments:

  1. I loved Return the Heart too! Such a wonderful and unique story. Great review, Brandi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen too many reviews for this, but I love the sound of it. It sounds gorgeous. Great review, Brandi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good, great characters always appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed it, ya'll should give it a try! Jami frm YA Addict recommended it to me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brandi, you always seem to review (and love) books that I had no clue about. You continue to broaden my reading world! I'll have to look more into this book. Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww thanks Nikki- its all part of my master plan ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo thanks for sharing this one! It sounds really unique and I'll be adding it to the TBR Pile!


    My Booking It Through Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know much about Russian mythology either, but that would be something really interesting to read about. Thanks for this review, this book is new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the great review, Brandi! I love the premise of this book. :')

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)