Sunday, January 23, 2011

Review: Secrets and Shadows by Shannon Delany

Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2)
Secrets and Shadows by Shannon Delany


Nothing's simple when you run with werewolves. Jess Gillmansen thinks she's seen it all but her eyes are about to be opened to even more danger and a reality far more paranormal than she's suspected. With Jess' realization that the Rusakovas' mother is still alive and imprisoned, the group's choices become harder and trust more important. Lines are drawn and relationships change as the broken Rusakova family struggles to reunite to free their mother - and those who Jess thought to be normal people show themselves to be much, much more...
Publishes in US: Feb 15th 2011
2nd in 13 to Life series
Source: Around the World Tours
 (3.5)


*My Review*


      Secrets and Shadows takes us deeper into Jessie and Pietr's worlds. Jessie is a believable main character, and I can relate with her reactions, emotions and decisions. 
      Pietr is still desirable but ever so frustrating. I can understand where he is coming from when more of his reasoning and story comes out, but still!!!! 
      Max and Cat play more in this story and I like them as much as Jessie. 
      S&S has same issue of taking a bit to pick up as I remember with 13, but I know that before halfway in I was eager to turn the page, wanting to find out what happens next. There is somewhat of a conclusion, but I am already itching to get my hands on the next book.



I would love to hear what you think of my review and/or this book or series. 




10 comments:

  1. I still need to read 13 to Life, I never get tired of werewolves:) Why is Pietr so frustrating in this one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked 13 to life but I did think it was a bit hard to get into, but I am curious about this one as well. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to read 13 to Life. It's on my wishlist. Great review, Brandi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read 13 to Life because it never really appealed to me before, but I'm intrigued. Maybe I'll look into it more now. Great review, Brandi...

    PS...Chapters 5 & 6 are on their way to you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone- Melissa- I am excited =)

    @Jenny he was being typical guy and trying to protect but ended up hurting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I just add that I still super jealous that you got Secrets and Shadows?! Great review though! You tell enough of what you liked without giving anything away. Sooo can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must have been so hard to write that without giving anything away! Great Job! If you haven't read 13 to Life- first of all, she wrote it on her cell phone in a month! You must read it if for no other reason than that. I learned that in the Crossroads tour in October. It was a contest. Secondly, 13 to Life is not the typical Werewolf story at all. You don't even know who is a werewolf until well into the story. And it's got another huge story line in there that you must know about that has nothing to do with wolves! It's girl stuff. Read it!

    Heather
    Then read Secrets and Shadows!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could only skim your review as I haven't read 13 to Life yet. The cover is beautiful, I can't take my eyes off it. :')

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot wait for this to release! I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed 13 to Life and have been eagerly anticipating Secrets & Shadows. Even though you didn't seem to adore it, I'm still uber-excited to read it :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. @heather I didn't know that- thanks for sharing!

    @RL I agree very beautiful cover!

    @Nikki It wasn't my fave ever but I def enjoyed it and will read next book!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)