Monday, October 31, 2011

Review: Eternity (Fallen Angel #2) by Heather Terrell

Eternity
Eternity by Heather Terrell
The end . . . or a new beginning? As Ellie comes to grips with her destiny as the Elect One, her relationship with Michael grows tense. When she meets a mys­terious boy named Rafe, things get even more complicated. Yet the time has come for the Elect One to stand against the group of evil fallen angels who are bent on destroying the world. In order to face the immeasurable malevolence heading her way, Ellie tries to put her personal life aside. But she soon learns that whoever holds her heart also holds the key to mankind’s salvation—or destruction. As the end days approach, Ellie is faced with an epic decision. Who does her heart really belong to? And is her love strong enough to save the world?
Published in US: June 28th 2011
Source: Won from The Non Reluctant Reader

My Review:
  In some ways I liked Eternity better and worse than Fallen Angel, the first book in the series.
  There was plenty of action, and things that kept me turning the pages, I wasn't sure of who to trust and anxious to see how things would turn out. I still really liked Ellie, and I think that her struggle of maintaining a daily life, and keeping her secret is balanced perfectly. It would be too fake if she didn't have doubts and she didn't have problems.
  Michael was a eh point of this book to me. I understand how persuasive the fallen can be, but I feel like some of the points I thought were out of the way from the first book were reiterated, and I really just wanted him to step up more, and see him and Ellie's relationship strengthened.
   A very positive point in this story was the addition of the character Rafe. I can't tell too much about him without spoiling, so just suffice it to say that he saved the story for me. He is just what I want in the type of character role he played.
   The ending is kind of a question to me. I think that things were wrapped up beautifully even though I do feel like a few of the plot lines were a little rushed in the middle and towards the end. I am not really sure if there is going to be a third book, or where it might pick up if there is.
   If you enjoyed Fallen Angels, then I def recommend to pick this book up!
I'd love to hear what you think of the book and/or my review.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read the first book in this series, but it sounds like it has both some very high points but also some lows. I always love when a fabulous new character is introduced, so I'm glad Rafe was a positive addition to this second book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)