Thursday, May 10, 2012

Author interview: The Day of First Sun with author Sheryl Steines


The Day of First Sun by Sheryl Steines

Annie Pearce and Cham Chamsky are tracking the vampire Sturtagaard when they are enlisted by the FBI to solve the murder of Princess Amelie. This isn’t an ordinary murder for the Wizard Guards, this is a magical murder of a non-magical princess. They must determine who killed the princess and in the process they learn there was more to her murder than originally thought. As they dig deeper into the mystery they must do so in front of the world while still protecting the secret of who they are and their lives in magic.


Read the first chapter


                                                 Buy:


Giveaway:

Go here to get yours!

Our Interview:

--The Twitter version: tell us about your book in 140 characters or less. 
The Wizard Guard, a magical police force is called in to solve the magical murder of the non magical princess.  But that’s only the tip of the iceberg, so to speak.

--How did you get the idea for the story?  
I daydream a lot.  I started to develop the characters in my head and I just imagined them in different scenarios.  I think there was a news story on television about the royal family in England and I just thought, what would happen if magic killed one of them.  A very high profile murder and they have to keep magic a secret.  This idea stuck and I ran with the story. 
--Which character would you most/least like to have dinner with? 
I think it would be most interesting to have dinner with John Gibbs.  Even though he’s a second tier character, he’s pretty straightforward and honest.  He’s lived a long exciting life and I think he’d probably have some amazing stories to tell.
--What are some of your favorite books? Do you still have much time to read?
My most recent favorites are The Help and The Hunger Games.  I wish I had time to read.  It’s exhausting for me because now that I’m writing.  I find myself overly critical when I read.  I have a hard time reading for pleasure.
--Do you have any other works in progress? Any teasers or release dates? 
She Wulf is my second book in the series.  The characters come back and because of their jobs as magical police officers, they run into new and stranger situations.  This story is far different than the murder mystery of the first book. 

--If a fairy godmother told you your life could be like a favorite book for 24 hours, which book would you pick and why?
If I could hang out at Hogwarts for a day and travel to Hogsmeade or the Diagon Alley, I think I’d be a happy camper.  Though I suppose I could do that at Universal Studios in Florida. 



--Do you need anything to write (music, coffee, etc)? Are there any songs on your playlist- songs that inspired you or that were playing while you wrote?
I need white noise when I write.  For me that’s television, usually sports programs, because there’s not much to see and I can have the white noise. 
Katy Perry’s song Firework actually reminds me that it’s okay to have waited so long to finally write my book.  I was just waiting for the right door to open. 

--If you could have any superpower what would you choose?
Telekinesis.  I’d love to be able to move things with my mind.  Without a wand though.  I would think that would be cumbersome. 

--Besides writing, what do you like to do in your free time?
I’m a creative person.  I love painting, interior design or arts and crafts.  I love being creative and using my hands to make something pretty or useful or decorative.

--Is there anything else you want to add or say to your readers?
I love to suspend disbelief, make the impossible feel like it could be real.  It’s the stories that I enjoy, the stories that I like to tell. 
Lightning round: this or that?
Vanilla or chocolate?              chocolate
Edward or Jacob?                   Jacob
Hockey or soccer?                   Neither
Ebook or paper?                      ebook
Salty or sweet?                        sweet
Beach or mountains?               beach
Phone call or email?                email
Early bird or night owl?          Night owl
Dog or cat?                             dog
Messy or neat?                        neat
Ninjas or pirates?                    Ninja Warriors on G4.  Great game show.


Sheryl Steines’ mind is chaotic and surprising and it shows in her writing.  Never one to sit back and see what may come, Sheryl is driven to write everyday. Somehow, amidst the chaos, she finds the time to volunteer and give talks to book clubs and students about her writing.  She even walked the Avon Breast Cancer walk two years in a row.
Sheryl’s series Annie Loves Cham is full of surprises and mystery.  Refusing to be restricted by genre Sheryl has taken the characters she loves and set them in new situations which test them and their friendships.  The second book in the series is set to release in late summer 2012.
Sheryl can be found on Twitter, Facebook, or her blog. She also encourages her readers to email her and let her know what you think of Annie and Cham!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I would love to read this book. It sounds very good. I love vampires. Tore923@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)