Thursday, May 3, 2012

DNF post 2 (my did not finish pile)

I wrote a post a few months ago about negative reviews, and how I don't review if I don't finish, and a very wise blogger pointed out that knowing what a blogger doesn't like can be valuable to publishers and authors too. Then another blogger mentioned she did a did not finish post and I thought it was a great idea. So, here we go:

Being Friends with Boys

Being Friends with Boys
I guess I'm just not in the mood for band book maybe? Nothing I can place my finger on and maybe I'll enjoy at another time.

That isn't to say that the writing is poor or the characters are poorly constructed, it's personal on my end.

I'd love to see if you have a great review of any of these books and what you loved about them.

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. I'm totally disappointed you don't like Percy. He's my fave. :) Hopefully the next book you pick up will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its been awhile but I just put down all I remembered I couldn't get through

      Delete
  2. I love DNF posts-they are helpful in knowing where the weaknesses of a book can lie. I remember liking Percy Jackson but I only read the first one when it came out and never completed the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me its all about connecting with characters usually, so not necessarily weakness...

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried either of those. This is my DNF list for this year. DNF Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. I think I'll have to do the same thing. I don't review DNF books either and I've got a few of those. Good point that sometimes what we don't finish can be helpful too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do a DNF post once in a while, once I've accumulated a few to add to the list. I'm sad you didn't like Being Friends with Boys. I loved it, and I'm not really a contemporary kind of a reader. If you want, you can check out my review here:

    http://prettydeadlyreviews.blogspot.com/2012/02/review-being-friends-with-boys.html

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)