Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Review: Empty by K.M. Walton

Empty
Empty by K.M. Walton
Dell is used to disappointment. Ever since her dad left, it’s been one let down after another. But no one—not even her best friend—gets all the pain she’s going through. So Dell hides behind self-deprecating jokes and forced smiles.
Then the one person she trusts betrays her. Dell is beyond devastated. Without anyone to turn to for comfort, her depression and self-loathing spin out of control. But just how far will she go to make all of the heartbreak and name-calling stop?

Publishes in US: Jan 1 2013
Source: Simon Pulse for review
Series? no, standalone

Find K.M online:
”add
Buy Empty:  Barnes & Noble  Amazon Indiebound Book Depository
Find K.M.
Simon & Schuster author page: http://authors.simonandschuster.com/K-M-Walton/81347146 
Blog: http://skateorbate.blogspot.com
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/kmwalton1/ 
Twitter: @kmwalton1 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cracked-fan-page/225425247511173?sk=wall 
CRACKED on Indiebound: http://www.indiebound.org/book/9781442429161 
CRACKED on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Cracked-K-M-Walton/dp/144242916X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317237706&sr=8-1 
Book Trailer for CRACKED: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZptHh37Kz1c&feature=g-upl 

Blkosiner's Book Blog review

     Is it possible to love a book and simultaneously rip out the last pages. If so, that is my feelings after reading Empty.
       The ending hit me in a way to personal level and i cried and nearly didn't finish the book... I was hoping for something different to happen. It left me heartbroken and wishing that things could change in this world, as well as hurting for myself, and my family who some of these issues have hit way close to my heart.
       That said, Adele is a character that could have been me in so many ways. I have tried to both east away and starve away my problems, as well add cut them away so I know what it means to shove down pain and problems and not deal with them. I just wish that I could give her a hug. 
     Her voice was so powerful and she took me on quite a ride with her ups and downs.
      This book takes a dark and realistic view of important issues such as eating issues, bullying, the power of words both positions, negative and unsaid, as well as taking pills.
      This is for mature teens only with the themes as well as cursing.
        As for characters, while i liked Adele and wished things were different for her,.the other characters made me remember high school in a bad way.
        Bottom line. Powerful, dark and emotional book.

My question to you, my lovely readers:
Have you ever had issues with food?

14 comments:

  1. I've been attracted to Empty because of it's simple cover and a mono-syllable title. Also, I really like to read books that deal with serious subjects and fall into the realistic fiction genre. I think I'd enjoy Empty a lot.

    Great review, Brandi!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Books like this are always so personal and heartrending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Brandi you are an emotional reader like me..hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so heartbreaking!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book definitely seems to be one of those special ones that strikes you at the heart. I'm glad that you really felt the book's emotion!

    -Angie @YA Novelties

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feeling emotion that strongly from books is often a positive and a negative at the same time, particularly if it really strikes home to something personal.
    This is the first review I have seen of this and I'm definitely intrigued. I have lots of hard hitting contemp I need to read yet so I will wait a bit, but I'll remember it in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can say that I'm really curious about this book! I mean sounds really good. Huh..what happened at the end?? Aaaa I wanna read it :D
    Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. it sounds prettu intense. Not sure it's the right time for me, though. LOL. thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, I definitely need to read this book. I love books that leave me emotionally drained, and this sounds like it would do so. That ending: holy crap. This is why I love dark contemporaries; they can do anything.

    This was on my to-read list, but just got bumped up to OMG I WANT IT RIGHT NOW. So thanks for that.

    My biggest issue with food is being a picky eater, so, no, not really.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book sounds like an amazing read! So glad you enjoyed it, great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The premise for this isn't what I would usually be drawn to (quite the opposite, in fact) but I do sometimes enjoy an emotional book and this sounds exactly like that. Brilliant review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is my first time hearing about Empty and I think it's great that the story resonates so much. You have definitely convinced me to check this out soon. Fantastic review!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Powerful, dark, and emotional book. Sounds good to me! This reminds me a little of a book I just read - Speechless. Maybe not dark, but powerful and emotional. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now I'm dying to know the end and the big betrayal. I'm so curious.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)